Les Compagnons de la chanson were a French vocal group from Lyon, France, founded during World War II. Before 1946, they were part of a larger choir called the 'Compagnons de la musique'. The group met Edith Piaf in 1952 at an event in Paris, and recorded a French language song, "Les trois cloches", which was written in 1945 by Jean Villard Gilles and Marc Herrand. English lyrics were later added by Bert Reisfeld, but it was first recorded by the Melody Maids in 1948.
Submitted by OptimusPrime at Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:07 pm